Brendan Ranford enjoyed the first four-assist game of his career, while Chase Schaber scored his 2nd career hat trick as the Kamloops Blazers got past the Royals 4-3 Tuesday night in Victoria.
The Royals battled back twice to tie the game on a pair of goals by
Jamie Crooks, and Logan Nelson got them to within one, but it was as
close as they’d come dropping their 5th straight.
Kevin Sundher’s surpassed Ryan Howse franchise point record on his first of 2 assists on the evening, pulling off the feat 22 games faster than Howse.
This evening Kamloops enters riding a 3 game win streak including 2 wins versus Victoria, and has won all 3 games in the season series. They sit 2nd in the BC Division, 1 back of Vancouver with 3 in hand, and are 10 games over .500 this season. They have a better record away from home, boasting points in 9 of 11 road games.
While dropping 8 of their last 9, Victoria remains tied for 3rd in the BC Division with Kelowna, however the Rockets have 2 games in hand.
Tonight the Royals look to wrap up the month of November with a win, snap a 5 game slide and avenge last nights 4-3 loss in the back half of 2 game home set verses the Kamloops Blazers in Victoria.
Following the game, the Blazers announced they have traded veteran defenceman Josh Caron, 20, to the Everett Silvertips for a fourth-round pick in the 2014 bantam draft.
JUST A GOAL:
While dominant all season in one goal games, Victoria has dropped their last 2 by a single score. They’ve won 7 of 9 games where they score 1st but have failed to do so in 8 straight, picking up a Shoot Out Win in that stretch. Their record in one goal games (8-3-0-1)
With Sundher and Hodges flipping to each others lines recently, some old chemistry has been renewed between Sundher and Crooks from last year with the Bruins…each had 2 point nights, and 4 points in the last 2.
- Royals yet to lose 2 game mini-series
- Played 7, 2 game sets. Sweep (Kel & PG), Split (Sea, MH, RD, Van x 2)
- The moustaches will be gone soon, as it's the last game of the month.
- Royals record in November (2-8)
- Given up the 2nd fewest goals against in the conference (68)
- 3rd Fewest Shots Against on average in League
- 3rd Most Goals For in League with 3.96 per game on average
- Royals have fewest shots for on average per game 26.41
- Have given up Most Goals Against on average per game with 5
- Sundher on a 4 game point streak (3+3=6), Tied 6th in Scoring, 3rd Assists.
- Crooks 4 points in last 2 games (2+2-4)
- Nelson has points in 5 of last 6 (4+3=7), Tied for 3rd in Rookie Scoring
HEAD TO HEAD:
Chase Schaber 3 (6+1=7)
JC Lipon 3 (3+3=6)
Colin Smith 3 (2+3=5)
Brendan Ranford 2 (0+4=4)
Logan Nelson 3 (3+1=4)
Kevin Sundher 3 (1+2=3)
- Dangerous on the road, picking up points in 9 of 11.
- 6 games over .500 away from ISC…better than home record (4 over .500)
- Blazers lead the league in short handed goals with 9.
- Royals 0/3, Blazers ¼ last night
- Cole Cheveldave 5th best GAA 2.43, started last 6, won 3 straight
- Keith Hamilton started last 12, 3rd in Saves in League (695)
- Victoria plays Kamloops 3 times in 6 nights after tonight, and 4 times in 9 nights after Saturday.
- Twice at Home, Twice on the Road
- Game 4 of 6 game stretch vs BC Divison (0-3)